In this module, it is possible to connect Baygraph to Ebay via API. This connection is useful because the proposed amendments can be synchronised directly on Ebay simultaneously.
This has the advantage that changes & optimisations previously processed on Baygraph do not have to be uploaded to Ebay again. It can be instructed directly by mouse click whether the changes should be transferred or changed from Baygraph to Ebay.
For this purpose it is necessary to log into one's Baygraph account and select the menu item "Interfaces" on the left menu bar. At this point, Baygraph asks to enter the Ebay member name in the appropriate field. With the button "to Ebay - Login" one is then led to the Ebay - Login - Page, where one logs in again with the (registered) Ebay account name. Finally it has to be agreed that Baygraph may access the account.
With that, the link is established and Baygraph then confirms the successful linking based on the green underlaid area with the label "User Access Token" that the account is connected to Ebay. Now the changes can be synchronised from Baygraph to Ebay.
Note: The synchronisation on Ebay does not happen automatically. This is only performed by an active command of the user (push of a button).
In order to address the desired target group, to describe your own product perfectly and to achieve the highest possible hit rate for the respective product, it is essential to use keywords. Those who choose wrong or inappropriate keywords will not generate any traffic, which of course has a direct effect on the sales. To prevent this, Baygraph offers a keyword tool as a useful help for determining the optimal keywords.
1. Open the keyword tool via the navigation on the left side
2. With the request function, individual keywords or keyword phrases can be targeted and popular search queries for the relevant product can be identified. In our example we want to find out which keywords would make sense for an aroma diffuser and enter "aroma" as the first query. In addition, the desired marketplace can be selected for the search request.
3. The keyword now represents the auto-completion terms for the word “aroma". These are the search phrases that are automatically displayed on Ebay and Google when you enter Aroma. Furthermore, it is possible that several spellings are used for the requested word. Therefore, in our example the terms "aroma diffuser" and "aroma diffusor" are used as search terms. Since both terms are quite high in the list according to the query, it makes sense to use both terms as keywords in order to reach the largest possible target group and to achieve a high ranking.
4. Now the search can be refined to identify possible keyword combinations that users are looking for in connection with “aroma diffuser”. Since users on Ebay search directly for targeted products or product categories and usually gather information from Google, the results in the keyword tool differ.
5. Below are the keyword suggestions for the desired term. The larger the term, the more frequently it will be searched for.
6. Another useful overview is the listing of keywords according to the frequency of search queries. For example, the terms "humidifier", "diffuser", "aroma", "ultrasound" and "LED" are searched for in connection with "aroma diffuser”.
7. At the bottom, Google Trends can be used to track how often keywords are searched for over a period of time. This aid is particularly suitable for seasonal products, e.g. barbecue accessories or bathing utensils. In this way, the sales strategy can be adapted to the buying interests of the users and a higher efficiency can be achieved.
8. Below the five most searched terms in connection with aroma diffusers there are different filters, which can be customised as required. In our example we would like to find out how the search queries in Germany have developed over the last five years and whether there are seasonal differences.
9. The time axis shows that there are extreme seasonal variations. The interest in aroma diffusers increases enormously from October to February, while the search volume is relatively small in summer.
10. Next, it will be displayed which states are most likely to search for the desired term.
11. Finally, Google shows the most popular search queries that are closest to the five keywords and that achieve a high hit rate in this context. These statistics can be downloaded as CSV, submitted as HTML code or shared via social media.
This module deals with the template generator, which is used to create the product page on the auction/offer page of Ebay.
The template generator is linked in the Baygraph - program on the left side in the lower area under the same name as menu item.
The input here is relatively simple and clear, which means that the template can be easily created at this point. However, if one is using an ERP program such as Afterbuy, one can download the template directly from the Afterbuy via the corresponding menu button “Click here for the Afterbuy template generator" and download it into one's ERP system. In one of the next videos it will be explained how this works.
In this case, an HTML template should be created that can be set directly on Ebay. In concrete terms, this means that a listing on Ebay can be created manually and a nice layout for the listing can be generated later on Ebay by using the template generator.
For this purpose, go on to the fields to be filled in, such as - “Product title (short) - The short form of the title" - Description” - The product description - “Url of the Image”. Here it is important to insert the url, therefore, an existing link of the image from the Internet into the template. - Bullet-Points "Mobile Brief Description"
The bullet points are the individual bullet points for the following features of a product, so that the customer can see immediately which essential properties the product actually has.
The "mobile short description" is there for the fact that if a user is mobile on the way, that it is displayed there on a special, mobile text and not on a text that normally would be seen on the desktop and of course at the end of the day also the Price.
Filling in the fields:
Now we can start with the product title. According to a predefined template, which can be edited in a classic Word document, appropriate components such as the product title or the product description can be easily inserted with the Copy & Paste function in the corresponding field. Here the corresponding layout is already included.
In the image function, the url links to the desired image are inserted, as previously mentioned.
Next, the bullet points are entered one after the other. Here, as well, it is a good idea to prepare the corresponding features for the product in advance and then simply incorporate them into the fields later. This allows the user to enter up to 10 bullet points. There are 10 bullet points available, but only as many as are completed.
At this point, it should be noted that the special characters from the inserted lines must be deleted.
The product price is then entered. After the fields are filled out, one goes further to the menu item "generate template”. This will display in the lower area of the HTML-Source code for the template. This code has to be completely copied into the clipboard.
After that, move on to the Ebay - auction. The corresponding auction or bid page is called up here. The product title, which must appear by default on Ebay, should be inserted under the point item description. All previously prepared titles and information can also be copied and pasted at this point. Here, however, the maximum number of words in the title field should be observed.
Then the categories would have to be selected. The corresponding photos, which were also previously saved, will be uploaded.
All other information will also be adjusted according to the product information and added.
Setting on Ebay: Now you go in the menu point "item description" on the HTML menu and copy, as described before, the HTML code from the template generator and insert it into the the empty field of a new Ebay auction (directly under "ebay.de"). Under the menu "standard", the normal text can be checked to see, whether the content and the layout is suitable. Below the description, the copyright is shown, which should not be removed.
Now you can see how Ebay deals with this template, especially in mobile optimisation. If, for example, the title is too long, it can be directly shortened or changed accordingly.
Under the menu item "Tool for checking the item description", the system displays which component such as the image or text may not fit into the standard format. If, for example, an image does not fit with the message "The image exceeds the screen width", the displayed menu items can be helpful to solve the problem. That means the image will be adapted automatically.
Another thing is that the title can be changed, for example, it is possible to adjust the title to the SEO, so, it is actually relevant to it and that it makes sense for the user. The title should not be too long but meaningful and clearly understandable.
Then the next step will be about the price. Here it is possible to enter the fixed price in the provided field. After checking the correctness of all data, the action via the menu item "Set chargeable” can be directly started.
Via the given link, the auction page on Ebay appears with the entered product information. Here at the bottom of the page the generated template is shown in a nice view and allows to check all information again.
The Ebay Ranking tool allows an exact analysis and monitoring of the desired articles on Ebay. This has the advantage that the own products can be analysed and possible optimisation possibilities can be determined. On the other hand the competitive articles can be examined.
1. The Ebay Ranking Tool can be opened via the navigation bar on the left side.
2. We would like to continue with our example and analyse the aroma diffuser, which is already for sale on Ebay. In the search mask, it is possible to enter the Ebay article number and the appropriate keyword, which is stored in the article description on Ebay. As an option, the desired marketplace can also be set here.
3. Baygraph now identifies the desired article from over 8000 search results for the keyword "aroma diffuser" and provides various valuable information that can be used for an accurate analysis. In this view, useful data such as the price, the name of the seller or category can be obtained and the number of visitors who have clicked on and purchased this item can easily be seen as well. The conversion rate is then calculated, which means that the higher the conversion rate, the better. This specific search can be provided on the right side with an additional note and stored for later purposes or the constant monitoring.
4. Below are similar products of the competition listed, which are displayed on Ebay with a search for the relevant keyword. These can be inspected by clicking on the article number directly on Ebay.
5. The stored articles are shown in the Ebay ranking tool directly under the search mask. In our example, you will find the article that was searched for in the previous steps and a competing product as a comparison object. The columns of the overview can be sorted in ascending or descending order and certain information will be displayed directly. These include the supplier of the article, the Ebay marketplace, the keyword, the notes created, the trend of the last 7 days and the development of the ranking from yesterday to today. This list of stored Ebay items can be exported to various file formats or be directly printed. The 7-day or 2-month report can alternatively be loaded after the article number of the desired article.
6. The evaluation chart for the selected article now shows various developments. The legend below the graph indicates information about which graph stands for what. Among other results, the current example shows that the ranking of the article for the search term "aroma diffuser" could be improved to the excellent 2nd place and on which day how many sales were transacted. This analysis can be viewed in full screen mode via the menu on the right above the chart, further, it can be downloaded as an image file, PDF or printed directly.
7. With the stored articles in the main overview of the Ebay Ranking Tool, SEO measures can also be recorded in writing. These can be accessed by clicking on the button below the 7-day or 2-month reports. In this listing one can see the ranking of the relevant article in the keyword search and the article information that we know from the 3rd step. Based on this analysis, various steps can now be defined and noted, in order to optimise the SEO article technically and thus help it to a higher ranking on Ebay. In the right area different SEO measures can be recorded.
8. Anyone who has decided on targeted SEO-optimising activities can note these down here. As an example, it would certainly be advantageous to write a short description for the article and to store it for mobile devices in order to gain a competitive advantage in the ranking of aroma diffusers.
9. The notes are now listed hierarchically in the article overview and are also displayed in the evaluation chart of the ranking in order to be able to see instantly whether the actions taken have had any effect. The date also shows which activity was defined at which point in time. If this has already been implemented, this can be noted accordingly or the SEO action can be deleted. If this is used intensively, it makes sense to choose a short label. The SEO measure will be displayed over the flag in the chart, so that the information does not have to be written completely into the label.
With the article check module, articles can be exactly checked and optimised with regard to the SEO measures for the Ebay search engine.
1. The article check can be started via the navigation menu or in the article overview of the Ebay ranking tool. The latter is the simpler variant, as the article number and the corresponding keyword are entered directly into the search mask. In the EAN field, one can additionally enter an EAN, if the article does not contain one or one uses one's own EAN. This EAN is used to make suggestions for the article characteristics from the data of the competition.
2. Below the search mask it can be defined how extensive the search should be and which information should be analysed by the Baygraph. With a click on "start query", the Baygraph begins with the article check.
3. Underneath the search mask and the search scope, the results are now listed, which can be opened and viewed in detail by clicking on the arrow. First, the title of the desired Ebay article can be optimised. Baygraph directly suggests various keywords that might fit the article. These can be changed in order or deactivated, however, it is also possible to add additional keywords recommended by Baygraph. Please note the maximum character length of 80 characters for the title. For later purposes, the generated title can be copied to the clipboard or changed directly on Ebay in real time via the interface function (see module 2).
4. The next section presents the most common keywords that are searched for in connection with "aroma diffuser”. This is especially helpful, since it might refer to keywords that would otherwise have been ignored or not considered at all. This is an exact representation of the keyword tool and therefore serves only informative purposes. Nevertheless, it is worth copying the most popular keywords in order to access them later.
5. Under the tab "articles", all information concerning the article itself and displayed on Ebay can be found here. These data are purely informative and serve for the analysis of the article concerned. The fields highlighted in red should be analysed and optimised more precisely and even the fields marked in yellow have room for improvement. In the example below only 4 images are uploaded. Furthermore the article does not offer Ebay Plus qualification. This can be added in the article settings to increase the chance of a better ranking.
6. Another crucial point for a good ranking is the category of the article. Baygraph lists the primary and secondary categories of the selected article and indicates whether they fit or not. In this example, Baygraph rates the primary category as very accurate and therefore displays it in green. Since no secondary category has been chosen because it is not free on Ebay, it is highlighted in red and an appropriate category is suggested directly. In addition, alternative categories are listed, which can be selected with a click and transferred to Ebay.
7. Under "article characteristics" important qualities and information to the article are indicated. These include the country in which the item was manufactured, the material it was made of, whether the product is compatible with Smart Home or not and the exact dimensions of the item. This information is particularly important for potential buyers and interested parties and should be filled in as far as possible. Once another option is selected from the drop-down menu, it can be sent directly to Ebay.
If Baygraph finds an EAN in the article, or if you have entered an EAN in the search field, Baygraph tries to find competition offers based on this EAN. If this is successful, Baygraph will analyse the article characteristics found and further, will suggest the most frequent ones in order to adopt them directly.
This works very well if one offers commercial goods since there are many competitors in this field. If one is using an own EAN, but there are commercial goods which have the same characteristics, one can enter the EAN in the search field and one receives the appropriate suggestions, which one can correct directly and then accept. In many cases, this is faster than creating new characteristics
8. The next tab deals with the seller details. Baygraph clearly lists here how customers have rated the seller up to the current point in time. Thereby, the rating score in the four categories item description, communication, shipping time and shipping and packaging costs is behind the respective category. The number of customers who contributed to the average rating is indicated in brackets. Baygraph reflects this data in a purely informative manner and provides useful tips for the future if there is potential for improvement.
9. The next section shows which shipping options are offered and how high the shipping costs are. In this example, the article is delivered to the shipping address free of charge and is therefore highlighted in green. A processing time of one day, the missing possibility to deliver the article to a packing station and the fact that it can only be ordered in Germany are not optimal and are therefore rated by Baygraph as mediocre and shown in yellow. This information can be filtered in the Ebay search and therefore has a direct influence on the ranking of the item in the search queries of potential buyers.
10. Another aspect that should not be underestimated these days and is heavily weighted by Ebay in terms of rankings is the mobile view of the article. Baygraph shows valuable tips for optimising the mobile view and also offers a preview of what the article looks like on a mobile device. In general, a meaningful picture of the article is recommended, including the title with the most important keywords and bullet points containing the most important features. It is also worth considering the UX notes from Ebay itself and from wortfilter.de to improve the item for mobile devices and generate the highest possible sales.
11. The last tab shows what the article and its description will look like on Ebay. This view is for review purposes only and may indicate typing errors, unattractive formatting, or similar.
On Baygraph there is the median tool to find out prices on Ebay. This can be found on the left navigation bar under the menu item with the same name "median tool". There is only one main keyword needed. Here you can use a keyword for the example product aroma diffuser. Enter the phrase "aroma diffuser" in the corresponding keyword field and begin with the request by pressing the button "start query". It is important to select the keyword in such a way that a very good comparability of the products is given since the median that matches the product as closely as possible is what you want.
Alternatively it is possible to use an EAN to calculate the median price. The comparability is of course much better than determining the median using a keyword.
Baygraph evaluates the first 100 results to identify the median of the product price. Unlike the average, the median is sorted in ascending order and is then based on the price in the middle. This means that extreme deviations are not weighted as strongly as with the average value.
With our aroma diffuser it is around 15,99 Euro. In the graph it can be seen that, for example, the first position has a value of 23.99 euros, but there are products for 9.99 euros as well or at the bottom of the list on position 98 and 99 for about 35 euros.
According to Ebay's patent, the median is used to evaluate the plausibility of a price for a keyword. If the product is too cheap, then it is noted as a negative characteristic in relation to the listing, and if it is too high, then it is noted as a negative characteristic in relation to the listing.
This means that the best rankings are achieved if one is roughly within the determined median range. But the serious calculation of the own article should not be ignored. With our article, which we sell for 29.99 euros, a target median price of 15.99 euros is not possible. Therefore it is advisable to look up the median value of the product already during the product research (if you want to add a new product to your portfolio). From this a decision can then be derived as to whether the product makes sense or not.
If the purchasing price is significantly lower than the median price, this is advantageous since in this case the calculation can be made with a proper margin. If, however, the margin - as in the example product - is clearly too low to allow the calculation to work out, then it would be worth considering whether A: a new manufacturer is needed or B: another product has to be found.